Joseph W. Mayo is a successful entrepreneur, award-winning project manager and Internationally recognized risk management expert. Mr. Mayo is an Information Technology professional with nearly three decades of experience. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and a master’s degree in Information Systems. Mr. Mayo is a PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Risk Management Professional (RMP), he holds a Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) credential from the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), is a Certified CMMI Associate and is certified by the Risk Management Society (RIMS) as a Certified Risk Management Professional (RIMS-CRMP). Mr. Mayo is the first risk practitioner to be credentialed by the three internationally recognized, risk management credentialing bodies; PMI, ISACA, and RIMS. He regularly speaks at international risk management conferences, is an active industry volunteer who regularly participates in industry working groups and strives to enhance global risk management and project management practices. He is an author, speaker and conference presenter on topics that include risk management, project management, and quality assurance. Career highlights include the following:
- Author o Cultural Calamity – Culture Driven Risk Management Disasters and How to Avoid Them
- Chaos to Clarity – The Tao of Risk Management
- Program manager for project #7 of the top 100 IT projects of 2006 by InfoWorld.
- Creator of the Risk Hurricane, an organizational culture barometer to indicate culture traits that can lead to disastrous results.
- Developed a risk management maturity roadmap for a U.S. government agency and was instrumental in the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Policy.
- Developed an IV&V program that was recognized by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) as a model for large complex government programs.